Braille Production Manager
Posted by: Audio & Braille Literacy Enhancement (ABLE)
Date Posted: 02/18/21
Deadline to Apply: March 3, 2021
Reports to Executive Director
Summary: Manage all aspects of braille production and provide braille transcription, as needed.
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Position Type: Part-time, 32 hours per week, Monday – Thursday
Type of Employment: Direct Hire
1. Minimum of high school diploma; post-secondary education preferred.
2. Minimum of two years of office experience.
3. Familiarity with the basics of braille production.
4. Certification in UEB (Unified English Braille). Certification in Formats 2016 an added advantage.
5. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Word and Excel in particular.
6. Experience using scanners, printers, and copiers. Experience with embossers an added advantage.
7. Strong customer service and “people” skills.
8. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
9. Sound judgment, discretion, and dependability.
10. Ability to prioritize, handle multiple projects, and manage time effectively.
11. Ability to work independently and take initiative.
12. Ability to lift or move up to 35 pounds.
1. Consult with Braille Manager to assign braille transcription projects to staff and volunteers, according to their preferences and skills.
2. Oversee formatting and proofreading of braille assignments by staff or volunteers.
3. Coordinate embossing, bursting, binding, and mailing to customers.
4. Coordinate OCR assignments for staff and volunteers.
5. Assist with training of new staff, contractors, and volunteers in the braille department.
6. Sustain ongoing relationships with active volunteers, marked by courtesy, respect, friendliness, and encouragement.
7. Maintain and update database for braille assignments to facilitate billing and APH (American Printing House for the Blind) completions.
8. Create braille documents based on print materials, as needed.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Benefits and other compensation:
Generous PTO, holidays, and SIMPLE IRA.
Please email resume, cover letter, and three references to . No email contact will be made until after your resume is reviewed.
ABLE is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to protected class, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.