looking down the hallway at shelves of audio cartridges.

Eligibility for Services

Any resident of the United States who is unable to read or use standard print materials as a result of a visual or print disability may receive services with ABLE. This includes those who are blind, have a visual disability that prevents them from reading normal print, or have a physical disability that keeps them from being able to hold a book.

Copyrighted materials:

In order to receive transcriptions of materials that have a copyright, you must provide:

Proof that you have purchased the copyrighted materials (usually in the form of a receipt)

OR one of the following:

A) Documentation of your disability by a certified physician
B) Proof that you are an National Library Service patron

Organizations and agencies seeking services for blind, visually impaired or print disabled individuals are welcome to contact ABLE.